Today I went to the market with my host mother and her friend. It was a really cute place, with German influences I do believe. There were all these cute stalls, 25% of them just selling cheese...Like one of the ailses at the supermarket - a whole aisle (and it was a big supermarket) - just for le frommage.
Excellent Foie Gras...which I tried in the spirit of trying everything once and it wasnt nearly as bad as I expected it to be, knowing what it is
Mandarins are a sort of delicacy where I am staying
Cheese...
Lots of cheese...I knoz my Dad wouldve liked this stall (not that it was the only one of its kind, there were many many cheese stands). My host mother bought €35 worth of cheese - thats almost AUD50
My Mum wouldve liked this stall - Les Macarons
Thats Horse meat...
If the chick with the ciggie was standing in front of a cheese stand it would sum up France in one photo :)
This was another cheese stand, but as far as I could tell the only one with red and green cheese
I just found this guy to be pretty awesome...
Right now I am eating chocolate escargot...its amazing
I unknowingly ate horse meat in Holland.. it wasn't too bad until I found out it was horse meat, then my stomach did all sorts of back flips. We're so sheltered in Aus!! Tip for today: Tuck your singlet into your undies for maximum snuggle factor:)
ReplyDelete