This building is typical of Chartres...when they are literally everywhere it is almost overwhelmingly beautiful
My host mother in the bottom corner
Yes that is a 'Poissoniere' you see (a fish-ery I guess is the English translation)
You can't really tell but these are the skins of foxes and rabbits and birds and stuff
Thats the Cathedral of Chartres in the background
They had all these kids rides and stuff in what is a Vegetable Market in the summer. I really like this photo
Cathedral of Chartres. All the photos of this are blurry though because it was night time and my camera was having trouble.
Anyway, the story behind these photos:
If you hadn't already noticed I went to Chartres today and it is stunning. So beautiful. It has some good shopping as well, and I shopped for a couple of hours with my host lother whiwh was nice. Alot of it was spent in silence though, not because there was nothing to say just that I wouldn't be able to say it and if she said it I probably wouldn't understand. But it was nice all the same :)
the comprehension and words will come....i promise:)
ReplyDeleteThat Cathedral is a marvel and a wonder. Did you go inside yet? the inside is even more impressive than the outside..mind blowing even. I am very familiar with the long silences. To deal with it I just started talking, if I was wrong, someone corrected. You'll learn more babbling and keep all around you entertained..everyone wins! And when all else fails, nod and grin ;)
ReplyDelete